Yamaha AV Receiver (YNCA) Module
GUI Module Authentication Key - Single Project
This module allows you to take full advantage of the newer Yamaha AV Receivers' music streaming & multizone capabilities.
Compatible with all receivers that support the YNCA protocol (see Compatibiltiy and Limitations), this module lets you navigate and control supported music services including Pandora, Rhapsody, and SiriusXM, as well as any attached USB storage, iPod/iPhone, or NAS.
The module provides easy drag/drop GUI content for phone and tablet sized interfaces.
- Music Streaming: Browse and control all supported usb/network music sources, including Pandora, Rhapsody, SiriusXM, internet radio, iPod, and NAS
- Mult-Zone: Supported functionality for Main Zone and Zone 2
- Party Mode: Simultaneously control volume/mute across both zones
- Scenes: Yamaha receivers provide 'scene' functionality which allow you to set power, input, and surround settings with a single command
- Easy Music Access: Start playing your favorite music with a single button press on a Room Remote or GUI interface
- Convenient Popups: Included popups make it easy to add tone/option/surround mode selection to any GUI page
|BC1 Projects||BC2 Projects||BC4 Projects|
|YES||YES||YES (see limitations)|
RS-232 - Requires one unused serial port. See Requirements and Limitations for additional information.
TCP - Uses a TCP client connection between the controller and the external device. See Requirements and Limitations for additional information.
GUI TCP - Uses a TCP client connection between the User Interface and the external device. May not support controller macros. See Requirements and Limitations for additional information.
- A compatible BitWise controller. See 'Compatibility' for more information.
- Installed and working compatible Yamaha AV Receiver.
- Compatible Models include: RX-V671, RX-A700, RX-A710, RX-V867, RX-V871, RX-A800, RX-A810, RX-A1000, RX-A1010, RX-A2000, RX-A2010, RX-A3000, RX-A3010, plus any other Yamaha AV Receivers which utilize the YNCA protocol. Contact your Yamaha representative for more information. See Limitations.
*Not compatible with VPN tunneling
- Supported Models: This module is built against the YNCA protocol documentation. Some Yamaha models may not respond to all functionality exposed by the protocol.
- Multizone: Yamaha AV receivers cannot listen to separate 'media' streams simultaneously in both zones. For example, if both zones are listening to Pandora, and the Zone 2 user changes to Rhapsody, the Main Zone will switch as well.
- Volume Ramping: This module supports all volume control modes offered by the YNCA protocol. These modes support sliders and incremental up/down, but will not provide continuous ramping at the same speed as the Yamaha remote. If you want the fastest possible volume ramping via GUI or Room Remote buttons, you can work around this by controlling volume functions via IR.
- When used with a BC4 controller: It is recommended to use GUI TCP mode for the module. This allows the fastest media browsing performance, but does not support controller macros. You can work around this by using IR for controller macros.
- When using BC2/BC1 controllers: You should use RS232 or TCP modes. RS232 has the advantage of not requiring any network setup, but media browsing is slower. TCP mode provides the fastest media browsing performance, but you must apply the proper network settings to the AV Receiver.
- When using TCP or GUI TCP mode: You must make sure the 'Network Standby' mode is turned on in the AV Receiver settings. You must also apply a static IP address to the receiver, or apply a DHCP reservation in your router.